[Marxism] Join the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day March and Rally on Monday January 17, 2005

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Fri Dec 31 08:38:01 MST 2004

Join the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day March and Rally
on Monday January 17, 2005

We are glad to report that plans for this year's MLK Day
March and Rally are proceeding very well. We look forward to
an exciting afternoon of provocative speakers, inspired
artwork and music. We will gather in the Central United
Methodist Church, located on Woodward Ave. and Adams (just
south of Comerica Park), at Noon. We will then march thru
downtown to the Labor and Underground Railroad Monuments at
Hart Plaza, before returning to the Central United Methodist
Church for an afternoon rally featuring a broad array of
peace activists, community organizers, progressive clergy,
students and artists.

This day is the only federal holiday named after a martyred
leader who was a proponent of human rights, social justice
and peace.  It is a holiday that calls for service to
community and society. Therefore, we are continuing the
legacy of Dr. King by gathering on January 17 to reaffirm our
commitment to peace and social justice in the 21st Century.
If you thirst for change in our society, if you want peace to
flourish in our world, if you want to help make manifest
the 'beloved community' that Dr. King spoke of, then this
holiday is your holiday.

We are calling on everyone to help build this event by
spreading the word and distributing flyers. Please consider
getting flyers to your school, college, workplace, church,
mosque, organizations, community center, or any where numbers
of people can be reached. There are many ways to obtain
flyers: download and duplicate the flyer from the
http://www.mecawi.org <http://www.mecawi.org/>  or http://www.mchr.org
<http://www.mchr.org/>  websites;  e-
mail a request to mlkdetroit at comcast.net;  pick-up flyers
at 'Swords Into Plowshares Peace Center' 33 E. Adams, near
Woodward or call 313-963-7575 on Tuesdays, Thursdays or
Saturdays between 11:00 and 3:00;  or call the MLK Day
Committee at (313) 680-5508.

We also need people to volunteer their services for the day
of the event. There will be a number of tasks related to set
up in the church, the march, rally, refreshments and of
course clean up.  If you are interested in pitching-in and
helping out, please contact us at (313) 680-5508.

Donations to cover the costs of the event are also needed.
Checks can be made payable to the "Detroit MLK Committee" and
sent to the 'Swords Into Plowshares' 33 East Adams, Detroit,
MI 48226.

Our final planning meeting for the Detroit MLK Committee will
be held on Saturday, January 8, at 'Swords Into Plowshares'
beginning at 1:30 p.m. Please join us in making this historic
day of action and reflection a reality.

In Solidarity,

Detroit MLK Committee

Distributed By: THE PAN-AFRICAN RESEARCH AND DOCUMENTATION CENTER
               50 SCB BOX 47, WAYNE STATE UNIVERSITY
               DETROIT, MI 48202-- E MAIL: ac6123 at wayne.edu
*********   Related Web Sites
**************
http://mecawi.org <http://mecawi.org/>
http://world-newspapers.com/africa.html
<http://world-newspapers.com/africa.html>
http://www.africadaily.com <http://www.africadaily.com/>
http://english.aljazeera.net/HomePage
<http://english.aljazeera.net/HomePage>
http://www.freemumia.org <http://www.freemumia.org/>
http://www.herald.co.zw/ <http://www.herald.co.zw/>
http://www.anc.org.za/index.html <http://www.anc.org.za/index.html>
http://www.caribbeannewspapers.com <http://www.caribbeannewspapers.com/>
http://www.wbai.org <http://www.wbai.org/>

<FONT COLOR="#000099">$4.98 domain names from Yahoo!. Register anything.
</FONT><A HREF="http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/U.ewlB/TM
<http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/U.ewlB/TM> "><B>Click
Here!</B></A>