[Marxism] Re: The Most Important Article of 2004: Global Warming, The World Is Skating On Thin Ice

glparramatta glparramatta at greenleft.org.au
Fri Dec 31 22:58:46 MST 2004

http://www.corpwatch.org/article.php?id=982

>Your article doesn't, however, seem to really discuss why Howard didn't
>sign Kyoto. Do you agree with my thoughts?
>
>Tom

I agree with your points, but I also think that at the back of Howard's
and Bush's minds is the knowledge that the cuts to emissions necessary
to stabilise GW are extremely hard without going beyond capitalist
profitability and they would prefer that the world focus mainly on what
is euphemistically referred to as ''adaptation'' -- or ``how I learned
to stop worrying and love global warming'' -- with some (very
profitable) technological fixes to ameliorate it over time. I dealt with
that a bit in GLW #601
(http://www.greenleft.org.au/back/2004/601/601p24.htm).

Norm.