[Marxism] re: Hotel Raquel and Jon Hillson

Walter Lippmann walterlx at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 1 09:25:59 MST 2004

A friend from Mexico, who asks me to bring bagels when
traveling to that city which has more Jews than Havana
writes:

"By the way, when I visited the Hotel Raquel the staff
offered the information that the food wasn't Kosher. This
is, of course, not surprising; in fact, the vast majority
of Jewish restaurants in the U.S. are "Kosher style", which
means typical Jewish Eastern European food (cuisine might
be pushing it) but not adhering to religious dietary laws.

"Sorry to hear about Jon Hillson -- our generation is
starting to die from health and age related causes."

Walter