[Marxism] Squads

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Sun Feb 1 13:11:36 MST 2004

Louis Proyect:

"I get really pissed off when Lenin is used in this way.
I also have a beef with the way that CLR James and Antonio Gramsci
are turned into harmless fathers of "cultural studies". I also get
pissed off when Meghnad Desai writes a book "Marx's Revenge" which
argues "that globalization, in bringing the possibility of open
competition on world markets to producers in the Third World, has
proved that capitalism is still capable of moving forwards". I also
get pissed off when Doug Henwood writes that Afghanistan needs
maquiladoras and quotes Joan Robinson as an authority. And then
there's Hardt and Negri, who are portrayed as having written a
Communist Manifesto for our epoch by the batty Zizek himself (who
then changed his mind after presumably reading what was between the
covers) while defending the spread of capitalist property relations
in a postmodernist version of Eduard Bernstein.

They should all be put in front of a firing squad--figuratively
speaking."

In a sense, this list is one of those (not so) figurative firing
squads. We are many squads too short, in fact.

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar

Buenos Aires, 1822