[Marxism] "Governments come and go, but the police remain"

Jurriaan Bendien bendien at tomaatnet.nl
Sun Feb 1 23:02:42 MST 2004

Good article on this at:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040202/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us
_iraq_weapons&cid=544&ncid=716

Point is that if Mr Bush gets his way, the inquiry would not even report
until after the next presidential elections. I don't think Mr Bush is
particularly concerned about looking backwards, he's interested in looking
forwards, what to do next. He might not say exactly, "s**t happens" but
that's more or less the philosophy I would think. What you ought to look at
objectively is how these people at the apex of the power structure actually
organise themselves, and how they are all linked together. You cannot really
depend on the US media to do that story, at least I haven't seen much on it
in the press.
J.