[Marxism] Query? Suspension of Indian Act and Governance Act?

Craven, Jim JCraven at clark.edu
Tue Feb 3 10:00:36 MST 2004

Dear Friends,

I just got a call from the Rez at Brocket, Alberta and was told that
last night there was a "Speech From the Crown" announcing the suspension
of the Indian Act in Canada and also suspension of plans for the new
Governance Act. The person who told me is most fluent in Blackfoot
language and did not catch and understand all of it in English and some
of what the eprson said is not translatable into English conceptwise.

Any Canadians on the list who heard this speech last night? Would
appreciate any details or references.

Jim C.

James M. Craven
Blackfoot Name: Omahkohkiaayo-i'poyi
Professor/Consultant,Economics;Business Division Chair
Clark College, 1800 E. McLoughlin Blvd.
Vancouver, WA. USA 98663
Tel: (360) 992-2283; Fax: (360) 992-2863
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~blkfoot5
Employer has no association with private/protected opinion
"Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present
controls the past." (George Orwell)
"...every anticipation of results which are first to be proved seems
disturbing to me...(Karl Marx, "Grundrisse")
FREE LEONARD PELTIER!!