[Marxism] Query? Suspension of Indian Act and Governance Act?

David Quarter davidquarter at sympatico.ca
Tue Feb 3 12:35:16 MST 2004

 I got home too late, yesterday, to watch the news. I did catch the
Canadian equivalent of CNN's headline news, which mentioned
something about 'Indian affairs'. I don't remember what, but I didn't
get that impression that it was anything other than the usual
colonialist rhetoric. ANd I don't see anything mentioned about the
Indian Act in the Toronto Star (the most liberal of the Canadian
papers), so I assume it will be business as usual.

APTN news (Aboriginal People's Television Network) should have a
report about  this throne speech tonight. I'll check it out, and let
you know what I hear.

DOQ