[Marxism] RE: Why Cubans haven't overthrown Castro (Reply to Jurriaan)

D OC donaloc at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 5 07:20:22 MST 2004

Thanks Walter. Can you refer me to any objective modern assessment of the
Cuban economy and politics ?

Jurriaan, a chara,

Meant to email you with these earlier - I am very busy: revolutions are bad
for free time. I think that the Militant articles will be well worth
reading. Somewhere between 20 and 30% of Cubans are supported by the sugar
industry in direct, indirect and induced employment.

Anyhow, that is up-to-date.

The first article is at
http://www.themilitant.com/2004/6805/680550.html

The second (more dealing with the human face of this) is in the current
issue - check it for yourself.

Here's a link to something I forwarded to marxmail ages ago (from Latin
American Perspectives).

http://archives.econ.utah.edu/archives/marxism/2002/msg07930.htm

Beir Bua!
DoC.