[Marxism] Fw: Meeting for Jon Hillson

Joseph Callahan joeandcaroline at msn.com
Fri Feb 6 13:23:11 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: Sandi Sherman
To: joeandcaroline at msn.com ; billscheer at att.net ; bruce at bugbusters.net ; cnisan at mn.rr.com ; Hildebrew at aol.com ; wood0132 at umn.edu
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2004 7:20 AM
Subject: Meeting

FYI

Sandi

Meeting to Celebrate the Life of Jon Hillson on March 7

Friends and Family of Jon Hillson would like to invite you
to join us in celebrating Jon's contributions and life.

The meeting will be held on March 7 at the Romero Hall
of the immigrant-rights organization, CARECEN, at 2845
W. 7th St. (cross street Hoover), Los Angeles, CA 90005.
Reception: 12 noon
Program to commence at 1 pm.

We would like to pass on information that United Airlines
currently has a 48-hour special sale, lasting through today
for the purchase of tickets. Visit www.united.com, or call
1-800-UNITED-1.

We request that friends and coworkers who have photos
and articles by or about Jon contact Geoff Mirelowitz at
(GeoffandLisa at earthlink.net) about bringing them to the
meeting.

Another mailing will be sent out shortly with Jon's
obituary.

A memorial fund has been set up in his honor.  Checks
can be made out to MADRE.  Money will be used to
support Cuba solidarity work including the youth
contingent that will travel to Cuba at the end of March
and the Pathfinder "Books for Cuba" fund.

Checks made out to MADRE can be sent to Beverly
Treumann, 6709 La Tijera Blvd., #824, Los Angeles, CA
90045-2017