[Marxism] Re.: Marx was right?

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Sat Feb 7 13:31:02 MST 2004

Ken,

How well did this Calvinist idea of "collective responsibility for the
moral conduct of their members" actually work?  I mean, did these moral
sanctions to much about the most insane extension of market imperatives
against human rights--like with regard to slavery, chattel and wages.

It seems to me that the social sciences in general tinker toy their way
through all sorts of models and connections that have no contextual
association to the real world.  Theory that isn't rooted in those lived
realities has no value.

Solidarity!
Mark