[Marxism] numbers and quotes

Stuart Lawrence stuartlawrence at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 8 16:47:16 MST 2004

MS Word (and perhaps other word processing software) by default uses
"smart quotes," which are not the same characters as regular quotation
marks. Text posted on the Web may use these characters, along with em
dashes. en dashes, and apostrophes that cause similar problems. If
necessary, pasting into a text editor with a search-and-replace function
first will allow global replacement of the special characters with
ordinary quotes and dashes. For Windows, I recommend TextPad
(www.textpad.com).

Stuart