[Marxism] Marx as Left of the Marxists

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Feb 9 13:54:29 MST 2004

Tony Abdo wrote:
> I want to clarify something about my comment that some marxists ACT LIKE
> stormtroopers.   I could make that same observation about liberals,
> religious people, atheists, Republicans, little league coaches, teachers,
> priests and nuns, and so on.... as well as to some comrades in marxist
> 'vanguard'
> organizations.    And not too many people would be so literal minded as
> to interpret that as meaning that I am saying that all these differing
> folk ARE actual stormtroopers.

I don't care if you are being literal or figurative. I am really tired
of you likening people on this list to Stakhanov one day and to storm
troopers on the next. If you were as verbally hostile on a list for
little league coaches, you'd get unsubbed from there as well. Stop
trying to justify yourself and learn to moderate your tone and your
language. We are on the verge of 500 subscriptions and we need to
concentrate our discussions on important questions facing our movement.
I don't have the time or the patience to ride herd on you.

--

The Marxism list: www.marxmail.org