[Marxism] What THEY said THEN

Chris Brady cdbrady at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 9 17:29:24 MST 2004

After reading the NYRB article "Now They Tell Us" I went back to a piece
put out by Fairness and Accuracy In Reporting (FAIR) before the Iaq
Attack:
http://www.fair.org/press-releases/wtc-war-punditry.html

Here following are just a couple of examples.  Note the first one was
printed in the Washington Post, the newspaper "Now They Tell Us" author
Michael Massing tells us was the less than the NYTimes.

MEDIA ADVISORY:
Media March to War
FAIR, September 17, 2001

"America roused to a righteous anger has always been a force for good.
States that have been supporting if not Osama bin Laden, people like him
need to feel pain. If we flatten part of Damascus or Tehran or whatever
it takes, that is part of the solution."
     --Rich Lowry, National Review editor, to Howard Kurtz (Washington
Post, 9/13/01)

Bill O'Reilly: "If the Taliban government of Afghanistan does not
cooperate, then we will damage that government with air power, probably.
All right? We will blast them, because..."

Sam Husseini, Institute for Public Accuracy: "Who will you kill in the
process?"

O'Reilly: "Doesn't make any difference."
     --(The O'Reilly Factor, Fox News Channel, 9/13/01)

The rest is like that.  How can such insaniacs get into positions of
power?