[Marxism] RE: Stalingrad Paper

Waistline2 at aol.com Waistline2 at aol.com
Thu Feb 12 11:02:37 MST 2004

In a message dated 2/12/2004 10:59:51 AM Central Standard Time,
lnp3 at columbia.edu writes:

>I'm aware of my ancestors exploitation of Native Americans, Africans and
>Latinos.  I understand that we continue to exploit the Third World.  I
>condone none of it.

<The issue is not whether you condone it. It is whether Stalin's record by
objective measurements was crueler than that of the Andrew Jacksons of the
world. It certainly was not.>

Comment

The record is there for all with eyes to sess and understand. Soviet
industrialization was a million times more peaceful and considerate of human life than
that of my own bourgeoisie. Compare to rates of incarceration of individuals
under the Soviet Power to what is taking place in American society.

Stalin will forever remain the bone stuck in the throat of the communist
movement that cannot be coughed up or swallowed. In history I went with the boss.
Perhsps this is because I have always been one of those stupid workers working
my ass off for the greater good.

The working men and women have no country - at least their advanced political
representatives. The communists. We have geopolitical areas that have in
history been defended at all cost from the onslaught of bourgeois property. Mother
Russia was one such area. The Mother in mother Russia is our patriotism if
you will or rather my internationalism.

Is there anyone left on earth that can actually claim that industrialization
of the Soviet Union was more cruel than slavery and the emergence of the world
historic bourgeois property relations? Capitalism did not harmoniously arise
from the countryside as an abstraction, but on the basis of slavery. Who did
Stalin rape?

Stalin was no saint. Nor was he an angel. When the saints go marching in hide
the women and children and hold onto your wallet.

Stalin crimes? Give me a break.

Melvin P.