[Marxism] [Fwd: Swans' Release: February 16, 2004]

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Feb 16 08:14:33 MST 2004

http://www.swans.com/
February 16, 2004 -- In this issue:

Note from the Editor:  Allow us to feature once more Swans' Special
Issue on Iraq, "RESISTANCE: In The Eye Of The American
Hegemon." Please, disseminate its URL as widely as possible.

Back to our bi-weekly schedule, here are Milo Clark and Phil
Rockstroh who, politics and religion in mind, provide insights
counterbalancing the usual BS disseminated by the lib-labs and their
mirrored conservative alter egos. Clark shows the parallel paths of
Osama bin Laden and George W. Bush, both characterized by
privilege, violence, and religious fundamentalism, and separately
explains why the Bush phenomenon is part of the continuum of the US
mytho-history. Rockstroh takes fundamentalism straight on, including
the bible and "pious" Mel Gibson, and then cleverly details the lunacy
of Bush's Mars program and his so-called morality. Do not miss the
lofty exchange.

Furthermore, with the help of Frank Wycoff, we explore the diluted
representation of the US House of Representatives. There are indeed
ways to proceed (and they are not new). There is nothing new either
about extinction, whether it is language or the "assimilation" of
culture, as Gerard Donnelly Smith demonstrates. And if you are not
convinced, Jim Craven's poem will sway you...

Of late, our work has been hampered by people who endlessly argue
with our reprint policy, and with scavengers. As the argument goes,
we do not make Swans' Work fully accessible to the public. How
more accessible can you be when you are just one URL away? We
do not know. Go figure. The issue is not about accessibility. It is
about using someone else's content to one's endeavors. The issue is
about stealing -- an endearing American pastime. If you are skeptical,
just check the American Buddah web site and see for yourself the
sheer hypocrisy... More to come on this subject of some importance,
at least to the Swans' collective and to its editors. Mark Hand of
Press Action runs a "hero of the week" feature. Maybe we need to
feature a "scavenger" of the week award.

As always, please form your OWN opinion, and let your friends (and
foes) know about Swans.

                                                 *****

http://www.swans.com/library/art10/

--
Swans

"Hungry man, rush for the book: It is a weapon."  B. Brecht

.

--

The Marxism list: www.marxmail.org