[Marxism] Re: The hijab controversy

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at rogers.com
Tue Feb 17 04:47:41 MST 2004

Sorry, you're right, I did miss that comment. The issue up here has been
against public funding for religious schools -- there was a big internal
fight in the NDP over state support of the Catholic school system some
years back -- but not over their abolition, which of course would
require a much more generalized and thoroughgoing repudiation of
religious belief than exists in society right now.