[Marxism] Re: Communist tasks

Tom O'Lincoln suarsos at alphalink.com.au
Tue Feb 17 19:05:07 MST 2004

>>I sure think it would be a good thing to have Bush defeated.<<

I think so too. But at the same time, I agree we don't support the
Democrats. It's a contradiction, but as that Tony Cliff guy used to say,
the contradiction is in reality, not just in our heads.

If Bush can trash two countries and tell outrageous lies and still get
re-elected, it will have a temporary demoralising effect. If he disappears
like his father before him, millions of oppressed people around the world
will be heartened for a short time.

So I hope it happens. But supporting the Dems to make it happen would be to
sacrifice the longterm struggle for a brief moment of illusory
satisfaction.