[Marxism] Bush & Kerry related

David Quarter davidquarter at sympatico.ca
Wed Feb 18 17:12:18 MST 2004

 I imagine that Kerry's Grandad was of *German*-Jewish orgin. The
reference to Austrian is likely the result of him having  been born
and raised (prior to immigrating to the U.S. ) in a town (Horni
Beresov) that at the time was part of the Austrian-Hungarian empire
(since incorporated into the Czech republic) and also b/c the
person who uncovered this fact was a Austrian reseacher.

Apparently, up until WW2, most of the town residents were of
German orgin. At least, in the article I read, it mentioned "ethnic
Germans", so it's seems probable that they had immigrated from
Germany, although perhaps they were: Austrians of German
origin? Not clear.

David