[Marxism] RE: African American Liberation and Social Revolution 5

Waistline2 at aol.com Waistline2 at aol.com
Wed Feb 18 17:22:09 MST 2004

In a message dated 2/18/2004 2:16:54 PM Central Standard Time,
MLause at cinci.rr.com writes:
It's not as though they aren't willing to discuss black history--indeed,
they've been happy to fund it...so long as it is a "safe" version--not
political and not touching questions of class.

The issue of African American Liberation and social Revolution has been
observed over a long period of time by successive generations of communists.
Marxism and the National Question provide the framework of historical narrative for
communists. My point of view – by choose, is communist. I am also second
generation industrial worker born in Detroit and former member of the labor
aristocracy.  My position was won in combat, but it had to be someone. It happened to
be me.

The first phase in the gestation of the Negro Question extends up to the
Civil War – the war of emancipation, of the black slave. The next phase extends
from their emancipation up to the outbreak of the Second World Imperial War and
the mechanization of agriculture. To call this black history and not American
history is unworthy. Black history and Black History Month are not identical.
The latter was proclaimed by the government and grew out of its attempt to
obscure the Negro Question and liquidate the national factor in the ideological
sphere. I thought this was made clear in part one.

The third phase is when Black History was birthed. This period spans from the
Second World War period to the fundamental victory over Jim Crow.

During the hey day of the so-called “movement” the ideologists of the
bourgeoisie where quick to point to the so called gains of the black masses. Fine.
To point to such gains means describing a journey from where to where. The
journey from where to where is not black history but American History. Your
deviation into white chauvinism is apparent.

I do not write about black history but rather the history of the African
American people as they were formed and lived out their lives within the
multi-national state of the United States of North America. I do not object to
different views being expressed but what I wrote about is Marxism and the National
Question and the African American Question from the standpoint of American
Marxists.

I did not write about black history. I wrote about Marxism and the National
Question and the Marxists approach to the African American Question. Further
the national factor was disceribed as it arose in the history of the American
Union. Why do you feel I wrote an article on black history and University
studies?

To each his own.

Melvin P.