[Marxism] RE: African American Liberation and Social Revolution 5

Waistline2 at aol.com Waistline2 at aol.com
Wed Feb 18 18:25:03 MST 2004

In a message dated 2/18/2004 7:06:05 PM Central Standard Time,
MLause at cinci.rr.com writes:
You posts on these things amount to a monologue.  My having a monologue
alongside yours won't make it a dialogue.  If I want to talk to people
who don't want to discuss things, I'd just talk to my boss.

Regards,
ML

Comment

You do not understand the history of this question from the stand point of
its articulation through the black elite since 1790. I do not have to proceed
from or accept an alien definition of American history. To say "black history"
is to concede to the ideologists of the bourgeoisie. I was very careful to
craft a narrative as "pages from a Negro Workers Notebook."  The series ended with
closing the final chapter.

Not dammit black history.

Marxism and the national question is my interest . . . nothing less. You
accuse me of inventing terms for Christ sake and anyone that has actually read the
historical literature know this is simply not true. The historical literature
is bound up with African American communists. I did not invent national
minority. It has always been defined as stated since Marxism and the National
Question. It is not my fault that those in another tradition have not read the
literature. I did not invent the definition of the African American people. I did
not invent the definition of a nation or a national group or an advanced
national group. In the past I have stated repeatedly that the description of an
advanced national group arose out of the revolution in Ethiopia. One can disagree
but I am not smart enough to invent these critical descriptions.

I did not invent the description of the Anglo-American people. The ideologist
of the Anglo American bourgeoisie did that. What is it that I invented?
Assuming that everything I wrote is wrong, what did I - as an individual invent? I
copied and invented nothing. I claim originality in nothing.

I am not opposed to monologue on the matter of Marxism and the National
question and the social position of the African American people. It is important
that the historical authors and material becomes historically retrieval.

You are of course accomplished on the national question in the American
Union.

Melvin P.