[Marxism] From Sander Hicks

Craven, Jim JCraven at clark.edu
Fri Feb 20 11:20:50 MST 2004

Response:

I just got and saw the dvd "Horns and Halos" (available from Amazon.ca
and currently showing on cinemax and hbo) and found it quite
interesting. It is about the struggles of Soft Skull Press and Sander
Hicks to get the book "Fortunate Son" by J.H. Hatfield published and the
counter-assault they went through from the Bushies. It is a great
inntroduction to the punk-rock/anarchist scene in New York (I especially
loved the punk-rock inspirational hymn "God Kicks Ass" followed by
extended middle fingers and "fuck you New York, the center of global
destruction and negativity.").

I would recommend it also for showing how the whores (with all due
respect to whores) of the "mainstream media" operate and shill/cover-up
for the powers-that-be.

Jim C.