[Marxism] Forwards. Forwards.

Jeff Rubard jeffrubard at fusemail.com
Sun Feb 22 22:48:16 MST 2004

> Message: 13
> Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 02:48:09 -0800
> From: Chris Brady <cdbrady at sbcglobal.net>
> Subject: [Marxism] Re.: The end of the world as we know it? Awake!
> 	Arise!
> To: marxism at lists.econ.utah.edu
>
> Capitalism is based on waste.  All the talk about Nader or Greens or
> some Democrat instead of Bush seems beside the point.  The capitalist
> road is humanity's fast lane to doom.  The bourgeoisie, however, will
> put up walls, surround them with moats, pull in guards with advanced
> weaponry--and further grind down the masses to afford it.  A dystopian
> science fiction nightmare scenario approaches.  Will the people storm
> the castle before it's built?  Will our world come to its senses before
> it's too late?  Or will the tempests rage, the seas rise, and the crowds
> of all ages tear each other to pieces and drown beyond the pale of the
> keep?  Deep foreboding trips into delight as Apocalyptic Christians
> close to the President pray to their Almighty GOD: "Yea, Lord, bring it
> on! The End of Days is at hand. O, Rapture!  The Messiah comes!"  While
> multimillionaires, like the insect Eminence Grease, rub their mandibles
> with delight as they anticipate the ultimate in Social Darwinist
> punctuation.
>
> Now is the time for all good parties to come to the aid of the people.
> For the good of all we need a new and improved order for the good of
> all.

Wow, I don't know about "all good parties", or new and improved orders,
and I happen to be partial to fascist insects for some odd reason.  What
is your political stance?  Are you a Marxist?  What kind?  Are you more
akin to those International Working People's Association ("Black
International")
folks?  Do you vote Democratic?  Why?  Really, leaving the issue to one side
what is your brief?  We could all stand to have material of this nature
but perhaps
you are really offering more.