[Marxism] Voting by the U.S. Left--and the main stategic goal of 2004
furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Feb 23 04:47:19 MST 2004
"Marvin Gandall", Sun, 22 Feb 2004 13:08:17 -0500:
>The more relevant comparison for the Greens is with earlier
>mass-based third party bids like that of the Progressive party in
>1948, Socialist Party in the 30's, and Debs' campaigns before and
>after WWI. It'd be interesting to know what those totals were,
>especially as a percentage of the voting electorate, if Mark or
>anyone else has that information.
"U.S. Presidential Elections: Leftist Votes":
>The reality, as Jim points out, is that until there is a systemic
>crisis, nothing works at the present time - not an entry into the
>Democrats, not the Greens, not the far left.
That all depends on what you mean when you say "nothing works."
"Works" for what purpose?
* Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/>
* Calendars of Events in Columbus:
<http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/>
* Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/>
* Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/>
* Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio>
* Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>
More information about the Marxism