[Marxism] Voting by the U.S. Left--and the main stategic goalof2004

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Feb 25 08:50:48 MST 2004

Marvin Gandall wrote:
> The point is to "calmly" engage those who are not "like
> minded". Otherwise, you just end up talking to yourself, no?

Well, I guess that PEN-L is the place that I have those types of
conversations even though most of the individuals who disagree with me
there either have me in a killfile or refuse to speak to me.

Casey's list is another story altogether. You have to appreciate how and
why it was set up. Casey is a notorious redbaiter who once compared Paul
Robeson to Senator Trent Lott because they both kept membership in evil
organizations secret, the CPUSA and the Mississippi White Citizens
Council respectively!

He got sick and tired of having to put up with "Stalinists" on email
lists like PEN-L and set one up that would have the proper parameters.
To show you how off-the-wall he is, he unsubbed from LBO-Talk because
Henwood was too soft on people like Noam Chomsky, who was supposedly too
soft on Stalinism. Unbelievable.

I keep track of what's going on his list because it is a pole of
attraction for the Cruise-Missile left. In one place you have Stanley
Aronowitz, his wife Ellen Willis (a true nut-case), Michael Berube,
Danny Postel, Ian Williams and others who represent the hard-core
anti-Communist social democratic wing of the USA left. For people with a
morbid curiosity, you can check it out at: