[Marxism] Jay Z, Lil Kim, Master P and the AAQ - 10

Waistline2 at aol.com Waistline2 at aol.com
Thu Feb 26 08:00:25 MST 2004

“I’m country.”
“She country.”
“Come closer, its a free country ... shake what you got in dem jeans.”

Master P. – who is perpetually producing and working on a new movie, with his
horrible acting ass, continues to prove that the South will rise again, gold
teeth and all. Down her, mutherfuckers walk around with so much gold in their
mouths, its called “grills.”

“What, U got eight hun-ned dollars? Better gon git dat grill installed.”

Master P.

“Gurl, U tryin na sneak in da club wit dem jeans on?”

Then “Usher” is crushing them.

There is “Change Codes” and Jay Z.

“New York, New York,
“Where's my hustlers at,
“Where my boosters at?”
. . . “I know they glued your back to the wall.”

Jay Z many times a multimillionaire scored (Bee on see?) Beyonce. Who in
their right mind don't dream of laying the Golden Girl? She walks like she got
gold up in them hills. A song from another generation comes to mind, thinking
about them hills. “Wrap it up, I’ll take it.”

Jay Z got something else. Something that is different from Master P and the
rising South. J-Z got Northern game and the mind of a businessman born of
criminal intent.

“Your boy is back.”

I smile. “My boy” – J-Z unashamedly advocates something very different from
Master P. He advocates shooting one way out of an unpleasant intractable
social position. “I know your back been glued to the wall.”

J-Zee and Master P. Master P is good. Jay-Z is criminalized.

Herein lie and they are all lies, “The Strange Career of Jim Crow.”

Master P ain’t taking the rap. There is the East coast and west coast and
Master P is part of the “third corridor.” It has not been that long ago when
these guys were being arrested for lewd conduct. In the North the fellows shoot
their way out – “Fuck it, I'm going to jail anyway.”

Even “P-Diddy” or “P Daddy” – punk mutherfucker, had to give his boy up
(Sean) to a ten year jail term to get him and J-Lo (Jennifer Lopez) out of the
line of fire. Don't get things twisted because the “Third Corridor” has its
criminal intent. The Getto Boys – how the stars of a concert show up with a
fucking Uzi and then shoot the joint up?

“At night I can't sleep.
I toss and turn.
Candles burn in the dark,
Visions of bodies being burned.
For wall just staring at a nigga.
I'm paranoid and sleep wit my finger on the trigger.

My other say I ain’t living right.
But I ain’t goin out without a fight.

…There's somebody watching me act.
I don't know who it is.
So I'm watching my back.
I see his face when I'm deep undercover.
When I'm awake I don't see the mutherfucker.”

Perhaps the greatest rap lyric ever written, born of Gothic horror shit. This
shit don't just stink, its heavy. Con/West say I got so fucked up “I look
like Emmett Till.”

Damn.

And a new generation learns the history.

Master P say:

“I'm country.”
“She country.”
“Come closer, its a free country. . . .

There is no message in any of the music, only history.

Segregation in its completed form – “the strange career of Jim Crow,” began
in the new nation developing in the North, not the plantation areas of the
South, and every Southern intellectual worth their salt understands this. Every
mutherfucker walking around with a “grill in his mouth” instinctively
understands this. The “hustlers and boosters” know this. Him whose back is glued to
the wall is increasing her and she intuitively know the truth.

The mechanics of the political struggle has distorted this fact, along with
the ideological domination of the Northern intellectual.

“The truth is back , , , The more space I get the better I write.”

The view from the “third corridor” can see both coasts. The coast is not
clear.

Northern politicians have had to defeat their Southern counterpart with ever
advance in the means of production and the black masses have always been
pivotal to the process, because of our electoral system. Every advance in the means
of production – a quantitative expansion, means shifting and changing the
system of political rule.

The electoral strategy of the Black elite is “One vote, One direction.” This
political strategy is designed to support the Democrats and keep a
mutherfucker back glue to the wall. It blasts from the “Urban Radio stations.” Urban
radio means Northern segregated radio. Is not Detroit the most segregated city
in America, or is it Chicago?

Within the Marxist movement white chauvinism blocks this understanding and
consequently has failed to grasp the proletariats historic march. Marxism and
the national question has never faired well in the American Union. Marxism has
been in the hands of the upper strata of the Anglo-American proletariat, the
immigrant European intellectual and the Anglo American petty bourgeoisie of the
North. The Comintern understood this, and its initial documents on the Negro
Question express this fact.

J-Z knows this truth and remains the proof.

“Your boy is back.”

Segregation – the strict separation of peoples in social life, began in the
North and has had a profound impact on the industrial classes and the Anglo
American proletariat of the North. This fact of the real genesis of segregation
has impacted Marxism and the Marxist movement in our country.

The Marxists of which I evolved have been generous in our description of the
evolution of the Anglo American proletariat. There was no “Negro Question” in
Europe and our proletariat was formed on the basis of European immigration.
It is natural that a couple of generations of Marxist would understand American
history through European eyes. The colonization of the South by Wall Street
imperialism meant the victory – the Northern intellectual, would write the
official history of the American Union. Marxism and the national question in
America was liberated by the African American proletarian communists.

The African American people are not a racial minority. The African American
worker of the North evolved as a national minority. The concept “national
minority” is not a racial concept. The Northern slums that house the black workers
are not extensions of the plantation area or plantation system. In the last
period the black of the North inherited the lower proletarian slums of the
Slavic workers and the housing areas of the poorest European immigrants. This is
not the case in the South as a region and most certainly the plantation areas.

The South did not invent segregation – Jim Crow, but rather the North. This
dynamic would play itself out and one hundred and eighty years later produce a
generation of African American communists and Marxist unlike anything in
American history. The year 1790 is used as a land mark because that is when roughly
30,000 black slaves were freed in the North and their segregation began. The
Negro people as such did not exist as such, but rather a mass of colored
peoples. This mass of colored peoples in the North was destined to face an
unrelenting segregation, perhaps unprecedented in history.

Years later Malcolm X would say, “Stop talking about the South, you South if
you South of the Canadian border.” There is a reason the most violent protest
have been in the North and industrial concentration alone does not explain
this. Segregation meant criminalization from birth and here is the origin of
crime in the black slums of the North.

Melvin P.