[Marxism] Drivin' that train, high with no brain (was: jibbery jibber)

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Thu Feb 26 09:48:00 MST 2004

The way it works, Jeff, is that if your emails come into my email inbox,
you have to be willing to get answers and, if what you say is unclear,
you should answer questions to clarify what you mean.

Writing in a way that nobody understands doesn't make you smarter than
they are.  You might be, but who would know?  Wanting you to communicate
more clearly makes me not a fascist, a Stalinist, a union-buster, or a
scab, but a good comrade.  An adult should know that the clearer you can
communicate, the more people you reach with your ideas will
be...whatever they are.  The more incomprehensible you are, the more
irrelevant you are.

You tell me that you get paid to write and are famous for the clarity of
your writing, but I'm sure almost everyone on the list would find that a
shocking revelation.  Sometime, I'll have to share with this list the
story of a "Marxist" philosophy grad student I knew who convinced
himself of his genius and viewed it as precluding any need to
communicate with mere mortals.

...but right now, I have to get back to work for an important vote over
redefining our union affiliation.

Solidarity!
Mark L.