[Marxism] Re: Mexico's green party

Tony Abdo gojack10 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 26 11:57:39 MST 2004

My apologies to both Lou for my botched formatting, and most especially to
Julio for my calling him by the name Juan.    Juan is my brother-in-law, and
has nothing to do with Julio Huato.   Julio, you are welcome to refer to me
now, as Toby Abdodo in retalation if you care to do so?     Sorry for
letting your name slide in my mind as I did.     I apologize once again.

My self excuse for my above misbehaviors, is that I just got some bad family
news, and should have not continued posting in that effected and distracted
state of mind as I did.    Now, other than to say to Lou that I too liked
that movie MORGAN that he refers to, I will be out of town and unable to
converse much further about Stormin' Norm, Vicente Fox and the Mexican
Greens, or Ralph Nader on this esteemed list... for at least several days.

Marv, don't let the gang get under your skin meantime about your pro-DP vote
position.     Your talk about what is necessary in this stagnant and
conservative period came side by side on this list with Lou's lecture to me
in the same vein, about why in this conservative period iin this
conservative country the US of A, the Green Party must be built unlike in
Latin America, where it would be merely a step backward to do the same.
And both of you motivated your diametrically different positions as being
necessary, to not make yourself like any unrealistic sectarians like me, who
don't understand the crying need to just be realistic by working with people
at where they are at!

Trouble is, living here in Texas, there are neither too many Greens nor too
many liberal Democrats amongst the masses, for me to cater down to
addressing either that much, in the reformist politico mode of talking up
the "progressivist" cause.     Here, being a radical has more to do with
trying to convince voting folk that Benny Hinn is a fraud, than just
starting with whether there is essential difference between Kucinich and
Nader!     There are angels amongst us, this I will not dispute.    I just
don't think that they necessarily either belong to the DP, or to the GP,
Lou.    Simply put, that's myu position.     But sectarian as I am, I still
dream of setting up a Bible Belt Communist Party international headquarters
(compound) down the road from Hueco, Texas in Crawford.    My only fear, is
a return of Janet Reno helped back in by a strong Green Party 2004
presidential campaign.

Tony Abdo