[Marxism] MEGA II: towards recovering the real Marx

Jurriaan Bendien bendien at tomaatnet.nl
Thu Feb 26 20:25:44 MST 2004

Lüko Willms wrote:

My dear goodness, do you think a) this jigsaw layout and b) Swedisch
or Danish or what that is would be widely understood on this mailing
list?

Reply:

Danish. It bears thinking about, don't you think - the linguistic issue ? I
personally think the MEGA II project is very exciting, even if many other
people would think this topic is dry as dust and a dead issue nowadays. If I
am alive to do it, I plan to settle quite a few interpretative problems at
some stage, using the MEGA II edition. Of course I might not be so lucky.
But it's very valuable this work is being done.

Particularly Volume 3 of Das Kapital is very sketchy and if the original
manuscripts are available it's much easier to verify Marx's real intention.
Towards the end of his life, Marx was much less "phenomenological" and much
more ""quantitative" and this is also clear from the new manuscripts now
being published for the first time. I cannot yet find an English review but
if I do I will post it.

J.