[Marxism] Be careful of, "It Takes Guts to Say Jesus"

Hunter Gray hunterbadbear at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 28 04:28:54 MST 2004

Note by Hunter Bear:

I pass this along. [I have removed the identifying stuff on the woman who
initially sent it out.] It came to me via an old friend, Nat, with whom I go
far, far back into Other Times and Other Places.  About ten years older than
I, and now among other things a retired USMC colonel, he was obviously a
much younger officer as best man at my wedding when I married Eldri in June,
1961 [just before we went to Mississippi.]  We have been close friends for
many decades.  When I was in my mid-20s, he and his family gave me a fine
Paul Robeson record for Xmas and, much more recently, he sent me Hammer and
Hoe [Robin DG Kelly].

Nat is Jewish and pretty much an agnostic.  For my part, I avoid Jesus
movies -- nothing negatively reflective  on Jesus, but I pretty much accept
Woody G's proletarian interpretation.  When various offspring have asked me
over the years, "Why was Jesus crucified?", I simply say, "He was a Red."
That takes care of it nicely -- even with my now 13 year old granddaughter,
Samantha, who lives here with us.  She is an interesting Entity.  In
addition to everything from our side of the family, she is one quarter
Jewish and one quarter Spanish Basque [Colorado and Eastern California] and
has seen herself as an Atheist Militant since she was three.

I just received this from a Marine Corps'buddy of mine whom I've known  for
several years.  The person who sent him this is an IBM employee.  Her name
is at the bottom of the message.  Joke or not,  you might have expected
something like this, given the Passion flick that's just hit the theaters,

Nat

DO NOT KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD ALERT YOU.

I checked this myself on Snopes and it's true...

  >   If you receive an e-mail titled: "It Takes Guts to Say Jesus"

  >   DO NOT OPEN IT. It will erase everything on your hard drive.

  > This information was announced yesterday morning from IBM; AOL states

that this is a very dangerous virus, much worse than "Melissa," and that
there

is NO Remedy for it at this time. Some very sick

  >   individual has succeeded in using the reformat function from Norton

Utilities causing it to completely erase all documents on

  >   the hard drive. It has been

  >   designed to work with Netscape Navigator and Microsoft

  >   Internet Explorer. It destroys Macintosh and IBM compatible

  >   computers.

  >   This is a new, very malicious virus and not many people

  >   know about it. Pass this warning along to EVERYONE in your address
book

!

  >   and please share it with all your online! friends ASAP so that this

threat maybe stopped. Please

  >   practice cautionary measures and tell anyone that may have access to

your computer. Forward this warning to everyone that you know that might

access the Internet.

  >   Joyce

  >   IBM

  >   Information Systems

  >   Mailing Systems

HUNTER GRAY [HUNTER BEAR]
www.hunterbear.org

When you cut to the bone  and cut away the college degrees, academic and
other titles, published books and articles, ours is essentially a working
class and Indian family.  We consistently join unions  -- and we always
support them with the greatest vigor.

It's critical to always keep fighting -- and to always remember that, if one
lives with grace, he/she should be prepared to die with grace.