[Marxism] Be careful of, "It Takes Guts to Say Jesus"

Jose G. Perez elgusanorojo at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 28 05:24:21 MST 2004

Hunter Bear,

	Whenever you get an email saying, "pass this along to everyone
in your address book," please rest assured you're dealing with a fraud
and just trash it. Don't say: I don't know if its true but I thought I'd
pass it on anyways just in case.

	Trust me it is NEVER true. You can satisfy yourself that this is
the case by googling the subject line, or just going directly to
snopes.com and looking it up.

*  *  *

>From snopes.com:

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/jesus.htm

 "It Takes Guts to Say Jesus" is one of the hardier perennial virus
hoaxes, having bloomed in inboxes all over the Internet since 1998.
Although a virus could be harbored in a mail message bearing any subject
line the sender chose, there was never a rash of disabled computers and
trashed hard drives caused by e-mail messages titled "It Takes Guts to
Say Jesus" -- this one was a hoax from the very beginning.

*  *  *

>From Symantec:

Guts to Say Jesus Hoax

Symantec Security Response encourages you to ignore any messages
regarding this hoax. It is harmless and is intended only to cause
unwarranted concern.

*  *  *

>From McAfee:

Virus Characteristics

AVERT HOAX Notice!!

McAfee AVERT Labs would like to inform you of a new email HOAX.

This email message is just a HOAX, currently we know of no other message
that the user will receive about the HOAX as the initial email states.
AVERT has not received any report of a user's hard drive being erased
for opening the email.

We are advising users who receive the email to delete it and DO NOT pass
it on as this is how an email HOAX propagates.

*  *  *

José