[Marxism] John Lacny goes apeshit against CounterPunch

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Feb 28 15:12:10 MST 2004

>This letter from John Lacny is polite, but we can tell he's pretty mad at us.

John means well, but I am afraid that he is adapting to his milieu. One can
assume that being an organizer for 1199 puts him shoulder to shoulder with
CP'ers--they have a traditional stronghold in the hospital workers union.
This union epitomizes everything that's good and that's bad about this
current. On the plus side, they do fight for higher wages more effectively
than just about any union around. Nurses in NYC can make up to $90,000 per
year. On the downside, you get a kind of crass opportunism on the electoral
front, even to the extent of endorsing a Republican candidate from time to
time like Pataki as NYC 1199 head Dennis Rivera did. The funny thing about
John is that he defends this parliamentary cretinism using the rhetoric of
the 1960s student left--a thoroughly odd mixture to say the least.

Louis Proyect
Marxism list: www.marxmail.org