[Marxism] RE: [SNCC] Be careful of, "It Takes Guts to Say Jesus"

Bill Mandel wmmmandel at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 28 21:53:21 MST 2004

Samantha an atheist at three? Wow! My father became one at ten, in an
Orthodox Jewish family in Warsaw. When he had passed his hundredth
anniversary, he told me that he regretted having become one because it
hurt his mother so much. But he died an atheist. I know I was one at
six, because when some kid in first grade responded to my expressed
disbelief in god by asking: "Who made you?", my answer was: "Who made
god?" While philosophers had certainly asked the latter question
innumerable times earlier, I know it was original in my case because I
remember it as a flash of perception.
 							William (Bill)
Mandel

My autobiography, SAYING NO TO POWER (Introduction by Howard Zinn), is
a history of how the American people fought to defend and expand its
rights since the 1920s (I'm 86) employing the form of the life of a 30s
AND 60s activist, one who was involved in most serious movements:
student, labor, 45 years of efforts to prevent war with the USSR, civil
rights South and North, women's liberation [my late wife appears on 50
pages], 37 years on Pacifica Radio [where I invented talk radio], civil
liberties. You may hear/see my testimony before the three different
McCarthy-Cold-War-Era witch-hunting committees [used in six films and a
play]) on my website, http://www.billmandel.net  I am the author of five
books in my academic field, and have taught at UC Berkeley and
elsewhere.
 For an autographed copy, send me $24 at 4466 View Pl.,#106, Oakland,
CA. 94611