[Marxism] Re: Aristide leaves Haiti after Bush blames him for crisis

Lueko Willms l.willms at jpberlin.de
Sun Feb 29 08:25:37 MST 2004

     Am  29.02.04
schrieb  ffeldman at bellatlantic.net (Fred Feldman)
    auf  /ALIST/MARXMAIL
     in  000001c3fecd$08ac0d70$6401a8c0 at fredpc
  ueber  [Marxism] Aristide leaves Haiti after Bush blames him for crisis

FF> Mr. Aristide flew from Haiti on a small jet that left Port-au-Prince
FF> at about 6:45 a.m, according to a United States official here, bound
FF> for the neighboring Dominican Republic.

  The BBC World TV's correspondent in Port au Prince whom I just heard
on TV, said something to the effect, that Aristide resisted his
departure till the last minute and was actually helped into the plane
by a US Marine.

  Meanwhile, the mobilizations of the poor people in Port au Prince
continue, with a class-struggle tone, but also simple plundering.

  Barricades had been erected, a few days ago, a posh restaurant
frequented by rich Haitians and foreigners had been torched.

 The question is if the working people in Port au Prince can organize
themselves with a leadership emerging from their ranks and fight back
the thugs besieging the city, or if US and French imperialists can go
in and put this rebellion down, of if they let the thugs in doing some
heavy bloodletting.

  The demand remains: Hands off Haiti!

Yours,

  "Nach meiner Ansicht besitzt die Presse _das_ _Recht_,
Schriftsteller, Politiker, Komödianten und andere öffentliche
Charaktere zu _beleidigen_. Achtete ich [so einen Angriff gegen mich]
einer Notiz wert, so galt mir in solchen Fällen der Wahlspruch: à
corsaire, corsaire et demi [auf einen Schelmen anderthalben]."
                  - Karl Marx   17.11.1860  (Herr Vogt, Kapitel XI)