[Marxism] the USA as a Mafia Family

Chris Brady cdbrady at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 29 13:41:39 MST 2004

The Real Boss of 'The Sopranos'
 By VIRGINIA HEFFERNAN
 David Chase, the creator and executive producer of "The Sopranos,"
 talked in an interview about the show's legacy.
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/29/arts/television/29HEFF.html?th

For outlanders, this Sopranos is a TV show about a mafia boss in the
state of New Jersey, USA, with a view of the craggy, skyscraper horizon
of Manhattan across the Hudson River.  In the interview, David Chase
comes off (to me) like an intelligent, sensitive artist imbued with a
self-awareness of his role in production.  See especially the last page
where he notes the alienating, stupefying action of television.  Yet he
participates in the medium.  It makes for him a very good living.  Hey,
waddaya gonna do?  Life's like dat.  He should rot but be a holy
idealist?   We make compromises to get by in the real world.  Some make
more, and some make more because of it.  The last line of the interview
is the bottom line.  Chase sarcastically let's you have it: the purpose
of his work, for what he gets paid the big bucks.

Don't ask questions.  Relax.
We are sucking your blood
and devoring your children.
Don't worry.  Be happy.