[Marxism] RE: Further comment on the Natasha Trade

Waistline2 at aol.com Waistline2 at aol.com
Sun Feb 29 14:40:39 MST 2004

In a message dated 2/29/2004 2:57:49 PM Central Standard Time, stolz at left.ru
writes:

>I hate to say this but the biggest problem that any Western
Marxist runs into when s/he decides to opine on Russia or SU is not even that
s/he's blissfully ignorant of the Russian language but that s/he is serenely
confident that it is not important to know it.  This is why their otherwise
intellectually admirable judgments on my country almost always somehow smack
either of the bourgeois media they have to rely upon or on characters like
that savy friend of yours and his "Russian friends" who, I would not be
surprised, could well have taken the advantage of great deals available in
Moscow, not to mention the basement sale prices elsewhere outside of it.<

I found the article in question to be offensive and had to read it several
times. Imagine saying such things with an air of factuality about the
Anglo-American women.  But then I have been busy and probably missed the economic boom
in Russia and when the Russian peoples and proletariat had their pensions and
lost wages restored and right to higher education paid by the government
returned to them.

And bribes? This question of bribes - notorious in Soviet society is the
stock in trade of the left intellectual flank of the reactionary bourgeoisie. I
would most certainly pay anyone a small bribed and you foot the bill on higher
education for the children.

What was written was not satires, but presented with an air of factuality
based on "eyewitness reports?"

Unbelievable, but then it is not.  What it is called is ideological
anti-communism. There is not a shortage of that here. Some will hate the Soviet power
and the Russian workers for eternity. What unites the radical intellectual
anti-Communists and haters of the Russian people and its proletariat is Stalin.
They hate him to a man.

"Russian women are lazy whores."

Unbelievable.

Melvin P