[Marxism] Doug Henwood's other gig

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Jul 2 10:13:55 MDT 2004

http://www.theliscioreport.com/about.html

About Us

Here at The Liscio Report we do all our own research and writing, do not
manage other people's money or receive any form of commission, and are
beholden to no one but our subscribers and ourselves. We bring fresh
perspectives to the data we analyze and are confident taking positions
contrary to consensus when our proprietary data tells us to do so.
Although our report is under press embargo until after the relevant data
is released, our insights are regularly picked up in Barron's, CNBC, and
other publications. Additionally, we make occasional television
appearances (most recently on CNBC and Bill Moyers), and were ranked by
MSN Money in the top five of their annual "Best of the Best" Awards.

Philippa Dunne and Douglas Henwood were John Liscio's closest associates
and, since John's untimely death in 2000, are honored to be carrying on
the research techniques he pioneered when he established The Liscio
Report on the international scene in 1992.

Philippa Dunne

Philippa Dunne was hired by John Liscio in 1996 to work on special
projects, and in 1997 began full-time work as the "research department,"
specifically to develop her own set of states for our monthly surveys of
state tax collections and to handle the burgeoning demands of The Liscio
Report.

She graduated from University of California and has a Master's Degree
from Wesleyan University. A musician by training, in previous lives she
has performed widely and taught at a number of colleges and private
institutions, done research and writing for the Office of Ray and
Charles Eames in California and for the American Museum of Natural
History in New York, and, true to her name, worked in stables exercising
steeplechasers. She lives in New York with her husband and son.

Douglas Henwood

While working toward his PhD in English at the University of Virginia,
Doug returned to his earlier interest, the dismal science, and by the
mid-1980s was regularly writing about the world economy with special
attention to finance and the labor markets.

He caught the attention of John Liscio and as the "resident wise man" he
crunched stats and analyzed them for John from the report's very first
days. A widely recognized economic analyst, Doug has given talks at
venues all over the U.S. and abroad as well. He's also frequently quoted
or cited in the media, including newspapers ranging from The Asia Times
to the New York Times to the Times of London

We accept checks and soft-dollar arrangements.
Please pay in US dollars drawn on a US bank.