[Marxism] Skewering "Fahrenheit 9/11"

Paul H. Dillon illonph at pacbell.net
Fri Jul 2 15:28:50 MDT 2004

  Carol,

  The Jerry Springer comment was only meant to say that people are
accustomed to seeing such emotional displays as that of the woman in front
of the White House.  I myself was put off by that part of the movie until
later when I reflected on how he had actually woven her thread like a story
through the entirety of the movie.  But I think that many "average
Americans" won't because a large percentage of people who watch television
don't see this as somewhat manipulative, which it is and which is also
totally OK if one accepts the legitimacy of propaganda and doesn't associate
it necessarily with mistruth.

  Right now there's a big Vets for Peace bus parked in front of my house for
last minute outfitting before beginning its cross country journey (CA-MA)
for the org's convention and then to hang around and protest the Dems.
Sadly, I can't go but anyone can follow the bus's progress at the Vets for
Peace website.

  Paul