[Marxism] Bruce Anderson Skewers the Greens

M. Junaid Alam junaidalam at msalam.net
Sat Jul 3 08:10:40 MDT 2004

http://counterpunch.org/anderson07032004.html

  News from Ecotopia

  The Cheney-Leahy Metaphor and the Greens

By BRUCE ANDERSON

Considered as a metaphor for the political times we share, last week's
Cheney-Leahy episode is perfect. Cheney, a Republican, tells Leahy, a
Democrat, to go fuck himself. Instead of Leahy planting one on Cheney's
lop-sided head, Leahy runs outside and neener-neeners to the media, "The
Vice-President of the United States just told me to go fuck myself. I
think it's inappropriate." Cheney then goes on Sunday morning's dead
white man talk shows to gloat about what a tough guy he is for telling
Leahy to go fuck himself. Leahy goes on the same shows for more
blubbering about the "inappropriateness" of being told to go fuck
himself. Like most of US, I wish they'd all go fuck themselves instead
of US, but ...

Of course auto-eroticism's national champs are the Greens. Nobody even
has to suggest that they go fuck themselves. If it even looks like there
might be a fight with real power, the Greens begin fucking them-selves.

full:
http://counterpunch.org/anderson07032004.html