[Marxism] New new left vs. old new left

B. Castleberry bcastleberry1hsd at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 3 22:32:58 MDT 2004

As I follow the Marxmail list, I have also been exploring Louis's great
set of links.  Tonight I checked out the "Journal of World-Systems
Research", and happened upon a great article that grabbed my attention
for 17 pages, Robert J. S. Ross's, "From Antisweatshop to Global Justice
to Antiwar:  how the new New Left is the Same and Different from the old
New Left".  Especially interesting to me was a theory that , "...Sixties
veterans mused about in their personal reflections and conversations
during the Eighties:  liberal administrations make radical movements;
conservative administrations make liberal electoral opponents", (page
15).  The article gave me a greater understanding of the young
Information Science graduates I meet entering my field.  Ross includes a
nice set of hyperlinked end-notes.

http://jwsr.ucr.edu/archive/vol10/number1/pdf/jwsr-v10n1-ross.pdf

BC