[Marxism] My blog [Maggie and censorship, etc.]

Gilles d'Aymery aymery at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jul 5 11:18:46 MDT 2004

On July 4, Margaret Wyles wrote:

Quote:
 Gilles,

With all due respect to your publication and the tremendous effort you
put into it, as one of those "authors," I cannot help but voice my
disagreement.

I no longer write for Swans, nor do at least three others - more
qualified than me - precisely BECAUSE of your editing and
censorship practices.  Swans is Gilles' website - articles and authors
are selected, as is your right, that dovetail with your views.

You have a fine publication.  But it is anything but democratic. And
that is the point.

Best,
Maggie
[July 3, 2004]
Unquote

Ah Maggie, you who used to sign off your e-mails with a tender "love,
Maggie"...

So, you accused me of censorship now....but then you also accused
me of having a retreat in Hawai'i, remember?

In two years of collaboration, November 1999-January 2002, your
total contributions amounted to just about 10 pieces of unequal quality
that required a lot of editing through e-mails and phone calls -- over
260 e-mails for 10 pieces... (People like you are known in the
publishing trade as high maintenance writers -- or would-be writers.)