[Marxism] Re: a query

Richard Fidler rfidler at cyberus.ca
Mon Jul 5 18:35:17 MDT 2004

> In 1957 I worked with a small antistalinist newspaper/magazine
> L'Etincelle. Can you tell me anything more about it?

Clancy Sigal in California

Well, it means The Spark, which translates into Russian as Iskra. Sounds
promising.

Is this the Clancy Sigal who wrote Weekend in Dinlock? An excellent
book, much better than its alter ego The Road to Wigan Pier by Orwell.
Dinlock showed real empathy with and understanding of working people,
unlike Wigan Pier, which was condescending, the work of an outsider.

RF

---