[Marxism] Stalinism

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Mon Jul 12 20:26:03 MDT 2004

Respuesta a: [Marxism] Stalinism
Remitido por: David Walters
Fecha: Lunes 12 de Julio de 2004
Hora: 15:00
*****

> I think it is more complicated than that. On the last statement, if you
> define this by the role Cuba played in the 1960s I couldn't agree with you
> more. If you define this since the 1980s, I couldn't disagree with you
> more. Not just on their actions (or lack there of) but on their whole
> theoretical perspective toward world revolution...which they seemed to
> have indeed abandoned, preferring diplomatic and state-to-state
> aid/trade/political support as a substitute for international revolution.

We can certainly agree here:  we couldn't disagree most.

It is my opinion that there is a continuity, and also a recognition
that the methods of the 1960s and 1970s brought, basically and in
general, disasters (particularly in Latin America).

As to the employment of the normal methods of statehood to foster an
revolutionary policy, what matters is not the tool, but the ends.

If you pressed me for a one sided, unbiased, statement, I would say
that Cuba is doing more for internationalism today than it did in the
60s.

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar

Buenos Aires, 1822