[Marxism] the list

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Jul 13 13:32:34 MDT 2004

stansmith44 wrote:
> Can't this list be fixed so that all the letters that are sent to it are shown on an 8x11 size screen, and not 2X20 or whatever they may be? This is the only list I have ever seen like that.

I assume you are referring to the archives rather than the actual email
since you are subbed with the "nomail" option. The problem is this. Some
subscribers don't know how to define a line length in their mailer, so
stuff trails off to the extreme right.

Here's how to do it in Microsoft Outlook, a common mailer:

1. Select Tools/Options/Send.

2. In the mail sending option, choose "plain text" and click "plain text
settings".

3. In the "automatically wrap text" field, enter 76 characters.

If you are using another mailer, ask me or Les how to do it.

--
Marxism list: www.marxmail.org