[Marxism] RE: Who is David Cobb?

Paul H. Dillon illonph at pacbell.net
Thu Jul 15 09:10:36 MDT 2004

Tony,

Your response illustrates very clearly (to me at least) why the left has no
significant  popular roots in the U.S.  You put a lot of things in my mouth
that never came out of them to begin with.  You arrogantly tilt at
windmills..  I really wasn't taking any position as much as providing
counter evidence to the article on Cobb.  But against the most fundamental
statement concerning building mass movements out of taking control of local
governments you have nothing to say except, "I don't believe that's the way
you build mass movements."  Hmm?  How do you build them in the present (not
the 30s or 60s)?  I've seen more come out of the support that local
governments can provide to organizing at other levels

Paul