[Marxism] Boston Social Forum: 9/11 LIES, WAR AND THE RULE OF LAW

DHE cuibono at rcip.com
Fri Jul 16 09:19:14 MDT 2004

Boston Social Forum Featured Workshop:

9/11 LIES, WAR AND THE RULE OF LAW:
Redeeming recent tragedies by ending the corporate coup

PARTICIPANTS

Daniel Ellsberg, author, Secrets: A Memoir of Vietnam
and the Pentagon Papers

Ward Morehouse, co-founder, Program on Corporations,
Law & Democracy
(http://poclad.org) and the Council on International &
Public Affairs
(http://www.cipa-apex.org)

Michael Ratner, president, Center for Constitutional Rights
http://www.ccr-ny.org/

Doris "Granny D" Haddock, Campaign finance reform
crusader and NH US Senate candidate
http://www.grannyd.com

Kyle Hence, co-founder, 911Citizens Watch
(http://911citizenswatch.org)
and 911Truth.org (http://911truth.org)

Megan Bartlett, co-founder, Ground Zero First
Responders for Peace
=================================

9/11 LIES, WAR AND THE RULE OF LAW

The breakdown of our legal system and democratic rights
certainly did not begin on September 11, 2001. But few
can question that this unexplained tragedy and its
brutal exploitation have greatly accelerated and
dramatized our people's loss of control.

Our current path leads to a literally lawless frontier
where corporate power and its political agents
unilaterally determine the form and conduct of our
world. Assuming this passage is not yet complete and we
the people still retain some political clout and
relevance, how do we best marshal our dwindling forces
to reverse this tide and return legal power to human
hands?

This session would examine four key areas of lawless
unaccountability that inform and spur our task:

--  Mother of Many Evils; the unchallenged lies of 9/11
and their deft
enablement of domestic repression, corruption and
endless war;

-- Constitutional Corrosion: Autocratic corporate
governance, PATRIOT Acts and the amazing disintegrating
Bill of the Rights

-- Demonized Patriotism: The Whistleblowers Tale: the
criminal
classification of vital public information and
persecution of those who set it free;

-- Collateral Damage Demands: aggressive legal/moral
indifference to first
responder/civilian victim concerns;

It would conclude with a panel brainstorm opening to an
audience-wide discussion of legal/political strategies
to expose truth, reclaim control and deliver us "in
time"

STRUCTURE:
Intro: 5 minutes
9/11 Truth, Fear & Lawless Rule: 5 minutes
Corporate Dominion, War, & Loss of Democratic Rights: 5
minutes
Messenger:Preemption: Whistleblown Truth as Crime: 5
minutes
First-responders: Bringing Collateral Damage to Center
Stage: 5 minutes

WARD:
Reversing the Corporate Usurpation of Executive,
Regulatory & Legislative
Primacy: Understanding modern history, envisioning a
new land: 10 minutes

BRIEF PANEL BRAINSTORM 20 minutes
Recalling/Suggesting/Creating Credible
Legal/Political Remedies for:
- 9/11 Lies & War-enabling Fear
- Corporate Legal\Political Hegemony & Democratic
Jeopardy
- Classified Truth & Malignant Secrecy:
- Profit-driven Wars & Special Ops:

FULL AUDIENCE BRAINSTORM ON SAME SUBJECTS 45 minutes

more news next week,
w. david kubiak
campaign coordinator
http://911truth.org