[Marxism] RE: Who is David Cobb?

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Sat Jul 17 19:48:46 MDT 2004

At this point, anyone who thinks Nader is tailending the Democratic
Party can convince themselves of just about anything, I guess.

Class politics are never quite textbook politics.  I certainly don't see
the Nader campaign as any less workingclass than many of the parties
abroad we've always understood to be workingclass parties.  It is, most
assuredly, primarily an effort of white collar, semi-professional
workers and professionals facing proletarianization of their fields.
Lots of social workers, teachers, technicians of all sorts, lawyers,
etc.  Ain't seen a single bourgeois yet.

Then, again, Lev talked about how we have to worry about the "shadow of
the bourgeoisie," so a too dogmatic approach might very well have us
checking under our beds in a kind of reverse McCarthyism.

Solidarity!
Mark L.