[Marxism] Jesus and Jihad

Jack F. Vogel jfv at bluesong.NET
Sun Jul 18 13:32:27 MDT 2004

On Sun, Jul 18, 2004 at 02:55:44PM -0400, Mark Lause wrote:
> The sales totals of these Christian cult books are grossly exaggerated.
> Churches and other organizations buy them by the bushel and give away
> lots of copies.
>
> That's poor consolation, but the dumbing down factor enters into any
> consideration of American society.  Remember the mass faith in the WMD
> excuse and its persistence in the face of clear evidence.  The Cold War
> established the foundations for this kind of high tech Dark Ages.

It was that very image of this racist 'wrathful' deity bbq'ing the
unbelievers that I could never swallow growing up :) But I've been
around such types thru much of my youth, and they are a 'problem'
that needs a solution.

I often fantasize about a 'Billy Graham' type that instead of being
the right hand of the ruling class would become a 'liberation
theologist' for the USA, turning the religious force in the direction
that it could actually support the poor and downtrodden of this
world. Write books where the 'saviour' comes back and bbq's all the
evil capitalists and their toadies, LOL...

Zizek has a book on this whole matter, however I havent read it
yet. Oh well, just thinking out loud...

Solidarity,

Jack