[Marxism] Cancer and capitalism

Ken Ranney kranney at rogers.com
Mon Jul 19 07:15:52 MDT 2004

I am attempting to show that most cancer is due to capitalism.  There has
been a steady increase in the rate of cancer during the 20th century,
inferring that if we go back in time there was much less cancer.  However,
data are not available (to me) regarding mortality from cancer prior to
1900.  I am wondering if members of this group know of sources for such data.

Even in the 20th century, only recent data are readily available except for
that contained in THE POLITICS OF CANCER Revisited, Samuel S. Epstein,
M.D., 1998.  I am attaching a talk he gave in 1994, which I believe
supports my hypothesis and will be of interest to this group.

It goes without saying that I will be grateful for positive or even
negative discussion concerning the relationship of capitalism to cancer.

Ken Ranney, M.D.