[Marxism] Please Post Widely: Fundraiser/Organizer for the Million Worker March Needed!

Douglas MacDonald dmacdonald94591 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 19 21:39:14 MDT 2004

Friends,

I am helping the National Million Worker March on Washington. We are currently seeking to fill a critical PAID staff position. PLEASE pass this information onto your friends/ database ASAP. Let's make this October 17th National March be the most successful of the year!

Solidarity!

Douglas MacDonald, Community-Labor Alliance

Position:                               Fundraiser/Organizer for the Million Worker March www.millionworkermarch.org

Contact Information:         Douglas MacDonald 925-890-6430 Doug at clafightback.org

Job Start Date:                    Immediately (July 2004) – October 31st 2004

Job Description:

We are seeking an individual who can spearhead our efforts to outreach to endorsing organizations and focus our organizing efforts in addition to implementing a systematized fundraising plan via e-mail, phone calling and personal/telephone appointments with national organizations.   We are seeking to conduct a massive electronic fundraising campaign, mirroring the success of other national progressive organizations.   This is not "cold calling" but reaching out to already committed supporting organizations and their membership!

As the bulk of this work will be conducted via phone and e-mail, your location can be anywhere within the 50 United States. The fundraiser/organizer will be expected to develop a 2.5 month plan of action to be implemented immediately and will report directly to the ILWU Local 10 Million Worker March Committee on a weekly basis.

Desired Skills and Experience

A proven track record of fundraising for non-profits and/or progressive causes of at least 3 years or more using internet technologies.  Organizational and project management experience in the non-profit, community and/or labor organizing fields. Database Management and On-line Organizing experience.

Terms of Employment

Terms are open to negotiation.  A minimum of 20 hours per week is requested.  Salary is commensurate with experience.

Fax Resume to 707-649-5119.

Event Description:

The International Longshore and Warehouse Union, Local 10, recently passed a resolution proposing a Million Worker March on Washington in 2004.

Sunday, October 17, 2004 is the date for this march. This mobilization is being proposed in response to the attacks upon working families in America and the millions of jobs lost during the Bush administration with the complicity of Congress. The working class has not suffered such hardships since the Great Depression.

Dozens of different union locals and nationals, including the National Education Association with 2.7 million members, have endorsed the March and are awaiting our help in mobilizing and fundraising.  International ANSWER has recently signed-on to work cooperatively with the Million Worker March Committee in order to ensure the anti-war movement is represented.  Currently, regional organizers in the Midwest, West, South and East Coast are organizing delegations to attend.  Please see www.millionworkermarch.org for more info.