[Marxism] Re: Not a dime's worth of difference

andrew c pollack andypollack at juno.com
Wed Jul 21 21:06:23 MDT 2004

I wanted to make sure folks didn't miss the Daley-Bloomberg comparison in
the second article posted under this subject line -- in which Bloomberg
comes off worse than Daley! Hearing Bloomberg's repeated disdain for
protesters, the press, his political opponents -- every time I hear him
say to myself "that's just how a corporate executive acts at work, where
there's no right of free speech." And I think Cohen draws that out nicely
with the Daley comparison.

This is important for longer-term purposes too, as we remember how much
worse US authoritarianism can become -- worse than any tyranny the planet
has yet seen -- when corporate interests are some day challenged in a
serious way.